Tuesday, October 24, 2017

SHOPPING

 by LaRue Watts                                                                                                                                                                             

It began to rain as we left the store
And his umbrella sheltered me.
"How are you doing?" touched my core
And I replied "I'm fine, you see,
I cope each day as best I can.
I lost my love two weeks ago."
He gasped and said "I'm sorry, man."
And I could tell he felt it, so
He put the groceries in the back
Then turned and touched my cheek.
We had a moment, looking back,
I knew we should not speak.
This kid had somehow understood
What was and is my pain.
I watched and knew his heart was good.
As he left 'mongst the rain.
There may be sadder days ahead
And that may be my lot.
But I'll recall until I'm dead.
Crying in a parking lot
And how a young man touched my heart
With one kind word or two.
That made me feel that I should start
To live again, renew.
As I drove home, the raindrops ceased.
The teardrops left my eyes.
And it was good, to say the least,
With rainbows in my skies.


No comments:

Post a Comment