Saturday, August 5, 2017

LIKES

by LaRue Watts

What do I like?  If you insist,
I offer you this partial list.
I like Sal and Kit and Holly.
I like Midler doing "Dolly,"
Connie, Lori, Clair and Joe,
Leon, Denis, Mark and Mo, 
I Like Susie Rosabella.
Act two of "Most Happy Fella."
Jeannie, Alex, Bill and Zach,
Beth, the best of one Wulf pack,
Kansas Sumner County Fair,
Gina who takes care of hair,
I like Allison and Lynn,
Any kind of country inn,
Kurt, who's Erwin Giesemann (Third),
Any Striesand ever heard,
The Warning clan and those they wed,
Rock and Roll's The Grateful Dead,
Parker, Chuck and dear Diane,
Disney's classic "Peter Pan,"
Caren, Gaile from college days.
Baseball teams with Willy Mays.
John, Marlene, (she's my muse)
Cousin Judy, (my good news)
Richard, Laurie, Jeri, Matt,
And their offspring and my cat,
Cans that have a pull-tab top.
I like Sandy, she's a cop.
I like Rice, a family name.
Next up? Midler doing "Mame?"
Struble, Murff, Bobek, Jayroe.
How much further should I go?
Linda Meade and Susan Druss.
Gee, I am a lucky cuss.
All these "likes."  Did I miss you?
Wait till you read Chapter two.




No comments:

Post a Comment